5 Ways To Ensure Hot Tub Maintenance in Waterloo
Owning your own hot tub is a dream of many, and a great investment. It provides a place to relax and to entertain family and friends, while being able to enjoy each other’s company. However, like most of other best things in life, there is always some work involved. The thought of having to regularly maintain a hot tub, often scare many. This is where hot tub maintenance in Waterloo comes in. Understanding how to best maintain your hot tub means that it will stay in good condition for years to come and remain healthy while you use it. Learning a few basic steps for hot tub care and contacting a professional for concerns beyond your level of knowledge will guarantee a good time.
1) To keep your hot tub safe and clean, check the chlorine levels regularly. This measure also applies if you use another sanitizing solution such as Bromine. Hot tubs, however therapeutic and relaxing, do pose some serious health hazards if infected with bacteria and fungi. Hot tub maintenance in Waterloo make use of sell test kits, which you can acquire and use them to check and tune the levels of disinfectants. A bromine dispenser allows you to dispense the right amount of bromine into your hot tub for sanitation.
2) Changing the water as needed is another cheap yet powerful measure. This practice varies depending on how often your tub is used. Professional suggests changing the water after every three months on average to minimize any chance of the hot tub becoming a breeding ground of harmful micro-organisms responsible for Recreational Water Illnesses (RWIs).
3) Maintaining your hot tub filter clean is a crucial method to help in keeping the water clear, clean and safe. Again, depending on how often your hot tub is used, your hot tub filter should be thoroughly cleaned on average once a month to get rid of trappings which include hair, dirt, leaves etc. Mineral residue from the hot tub’s water may start coating the inside of the jets and reduce its pressure. You can use a special quick filter rinse cleaning agent to keep your filter in good form and looking brand-new for up to one year. Experts from hot tub maintenance in Waterloo suggest replacing the filter yearly to maintain high efficiency.
4) Purchase high quality chemicals to keep your water clear and clean. Chemicals such as scum and spa bright help in maintaining the water crystal clear by removing excess foam from the surface and can be used on weekly basis. Avoiding use of bargain chemicals is a wise thing since they are not only meant for your hot tub but also for your own body and you want the very best.
5) Invest in a quality cover to protect your water from becoming dirtied. Hot tub covers also help in keeping the heat inside thus saving money. Finding a cover that is made particularly for your hot tub and adopting the use of energy saving heating mode such as economy mode will save on your electric bill.