Gurgling Sound in Swimming Pool ?
My pool is making a gurgling sound, what is wrong?
The water level is too low. It should be at least half way up the skimmer box opening, with about a 2 cm (1″) gap at the top.
Don’t forget to bleed the air out of the filter!
Cartridge Filters for Swimming Pools
The water level is too high in my pool and I have a cartridge filter. How do I drain some of the water out of my pool ?
If you have a cartridge filter then water can be siphoned out with your garden or vacuum hose.
There is water leaking from under my pump motor. What is wrong?
The mechanical seal needs replacing. It is important to have this simple repair done as soon as possible, or further more expensive damage will be done.
My pump is squealing and or whining ?
This is usually an indication that the bearings are worn out and need to be replaced. Turn the pump off.
Either remove the pump and take it to a small engine / motor repair shop or contact a pool company to have it serviced.
How do I keep my water clear in the meantime ?
It is always a good idea to have a quality brand of chlorine pucks on hand no matter what type of sanitizing system you use. In the event of pump failure or chlorine generator failure we recommend that you do either or both of the following:
- Put some chlorine pucks in the skimmer basket
- Put some chlorine pucks in a floating feeder in the pool water
How do I remove and reinstall my cartridge filters?
- Turn the pump off
- Open the bleed valve on top of the filter (you’ll hear the water rush out of it)
- Take the band off
- Take the top off
- Pull the filters out for cleaning or replacing
To re-install, the steps are exactly the same but in reverse:
- Leave the bleed valve in ‘open’ position
- Insert cartridge
- Put top on
- Put band on
- Turn the pump on – when the water starts squirting out the top then shut the bleed valve off