Depending on water chemistry, occasional manual electrode cleaning of the Zodiac Chlorinator may be necessary.
Note: Always turn pump off prior to installing or removing the cell. Your pump/filter system is operated under pressure and pressure must be released before you begin.
Open the air relief valve on your pool filter to release the pressure in the system. (Zodiac Chlorinator)
- Switch off the filter pump and salt system.
- Close necessary valves.
- Unplug the leads from the cell terminals.
- Undo the two barrel unions joining the cell housing to the pool filtration system and carefully remove the cell housing.
- Lay the housing upside down on a flat surface with the inlet ports on top.
- Mix cleaning solution in a suitable plastic vessel by adding one part of hydrochloric (muriatic) acid to ten parts water.
- To avoid splash, always ADD MURIATIC ACID TO WATER rather than water to muriatic acid.
- Solutions stronger that 1:10 will damage cell and void warranty.
- Pour the cleaning mixture into the upturned cell housing until the electrodes are completely covered.
- Allow the cleaning solution to dissolve the calcium deposits for approximately 5 minutes.
- When the electrodes are clean, pour the cleaning solution and the calcium residue out of the cell housing into a bucket of water.
- The cleaning solution containing muriatic acid must be disposed of according to federal, provincial or local regulations.
FOR THE COMPLETE MANUAL GO TO Zodiac Pool Systems (Zodiac Chlorinator)